Forklifts are an essential part of many construction sites, and they are
extremely useful in the right setting. Prioritizing workplace safety is
essential when it comes to a forklift, as these accidents can be quite
dangerous. Minimizing the chance of an accident begins with promoting
the right safety practices to those in either in the vicinity or in use
of a forklift.
The following are the most common causes of forklift accidents, including
but not limited to:
- An improperly trained driver, who may not be able to respond to various
elements such as obstacles, changes in floor gradient, or new inventory.
Drivers must also use a powered industrial truck’s horn in order
to alert others a forklift is in use.
- Speeding, which is a result of drivers who are overestimating their handling
of the vehicle.
- Turning a corner too fast, which can cause the forklift to tilt or even
flip to once side.
- Operating the lift with an elevated load, as it is recommended to carry
loads as low to the ground as possible.
- Malfunctioning equipment, such as that of the brakes, steering, clutch,
transmission, and more. This can be combated with a daily forklift inspection.
Contact Our Devoted & Determined Alexandria Personal Injury Lawyers Today
The Barrera Law Firm, PLLC is experienced and skilled in advocating on
behalf of those who have been injured in a forklift accident. Our Alexandria
personal injury attorneys are committed to ensuring our clients are protected to the best
of our ability. No matter the challenges awaiting us in your particular
situation, we have the tools, resources, and means necessary to obtain
the results you deserve. Don’t face this time without our team on
Schedule an initial consultation at your earliest convenience.
Call us at (571) 290-2390.