The coldest winter months are finally here. As a result, you can expect
to see more fog, rain, and especially snowfall. While these white winters
can be beautiful, they can also be extremely dangerous if drivers are
not careful when getting behind the wheel.
To avoid a car accident this winter, consider the eight safety tips our
Virginia car accident lawyers have listed below:
- Do not use your parking brake in wet, cold, or snowy weather.
- Avoid using cruise control when driving on wet or icy surfaces.
- Never take turns fast. This could cause your vehicle to slip.
- Use chains that wrap around your tires when appropriate.
- Avoid aggressive acceleration. This can cause you to lose control of your vehicle.
- Never hit your brakes abruptly. Remember, it takes more time to stop when
driving on icy roads.
- Be patient. Keep in mind that individuals may drive much slower than in
normal weather conditions.
- Make sure your windshield defogger operates correctly. This can help prevent
impaired vision when driving.
Involved in a Car Accident Caused by Another Driver? Call Our Firm
If you have been involved in an accident and feel the other driver was
responsible for the collision, call our Virginia car accident attorneys
at The Barrera Law Firm, PLLC right away. We know that auto accidents
can make even the simplest things seem impossible. That is why our team
is so eager to stand by the sides of car accident victims. Remember, after
a car accident, you need tough, seasoned legal advocacy on your side of
the courtroom, and that is why our team is here.
Call The Barrera Law Firm, PLLC today and let us protect your rights and future. We are backed by more
than 30 years of experience.